FlowFriend Pro (0-105m3)
One can call the FlowFriend a frontrunner in energy-efficient water pumping. It already meets the highest MEI class, with a value above 0.7. The MEI class, the Minimum Efficiency Index, is related to the efficiency of both the motor and hydraulics of the pump and is a directive, set up in 2012, to mandate energy savings on water pumps.
To highlight the particularity of this performance, the mandatory MEI in the EU has stood at a value of at least 0.4 since July 2014
Features of the FlowFriend Series:
- Extremely energy-efficient
- Standard flow/ speed control
- Optional 0-10V control
- Large flows with low energy consumption
- Extremely quiet
- A highly efficient, new generation permanent magnet motor
- 3 different optimized pump housings, completely cast from stainless steel 316
- Optimal tuning for versatile application a premium-efficiency IE4 motor
- Motor developed and produced in Germany
- Worldwide use: voltages ranging from 100-240V/50-60 Hz
As standard, each type of FlowFriend is adjustable in speed (600-2550 rpm). For regulation, a display is built on the pump, where you can also read the power and hours. Via an optional 0-10V input, each FlowFriend can also be controlled externally. The major advantage of permanent magnet motors over frequency-controlled asynchronous motors is their remarkably high efficiency at low speeds. They are also considerably more economical in the higher speed range.
Ingenious pump housings
The hydraulics of a pump consist of the pump impeller and the pump housing. The hydraulics of the FlowFriend are made entirely of cast stainless steel 316. Robust, smooth and a perfect shape for minimal internal losses.
The hydraulics determine:
- To a large extent the overall efficiency of the pump.
- The suitability of the pump for a particular application
This propeller pump has low head and high water volume. For example, at 0.5 mwk, a capacity of 50m3/hour is available at a consumption of 200 watts. The FlowFriend PRO has a suction/pressure connection of no less than 125 mm to minimize internal pump losses. The PRO can handle significantly more pressure than so-called 'air-lift' based systems and because of its adjustability, the PRO is extremely versatile. Applications include multi-chamber, moving bed and drum filters.
Motor and seal
The FlowFriend features a very high-quality shaft seal from Eagle Burgmann. The motor itself is developed and produced by one of Germany's largest and most important electric motor manufacturers. The efficiency of the motor, depending on the speed, is between 88 and 94%.