MPF Makoi PondFiltration Biodrum Rotator 50
The Makoi BiodrumRotator is our top model among the Biodrum filters! This model is a major upgrade over a standard Biodrum. The moving bed has been replaced here by a Rotating Biological Drum (RBC). The RBC is standard filled with Helix as a biologist. This can also be filled with other biological material if desired.
The RBC is a rotating trickle / drip filter concept that requires no head from the pump! The RBC is 40% under water, and 60% above water for maximum oxygen saturation. The big secret of this design is that oxygen can contain up to 4% * in water and 20% in air. This gives the pond bacteria the best conditions to perform their work efficiently.
The rotating movement of the RBC ensures that a trickle / drop filter is created without a lift head. The industrial motor of 250nM of 60 watts turns the RBC.
Ammonia and nitrite removal:
Scientific studies in fish farming have shown that an RBC guarantees a very high ammonia and nitrite removal, 50% better than trickle filters and many times better than moving bed / mat filters!
- Better biological effect
- No more head compared to a trickle filter
- 2x as efficient as a moving bed
- Faster start-up than a moving bed
- No cooling in winter compared to trickle filters
- No noise
- More stable bacterial culture with use of medication and changing water values
- No need for an air pump anymore
- Water is of better quality
- You can feed more
You can equip this filter with a Siemens Logo 8 control. Compared to the standard MPF control, the Siemens Logo has a number of advantages, such as:
- The pond pump stops when the water level is too low and switches on again when the water level in the pond is raised again.
- Siemens Logo8 takes care of the automatic flushes.
- You can read data via the internet.
- You can change rinses if you want to rinse longer or shorter.
- You can read the total number of flushes and flushes per day via the integrated day counter.
- Siemens logo8 gives a signal when the drum has been in the dry run protection.
- Siemens logo8 has a connection for an extra flushing pump (which is adjustable per flush) with which you can flush the gutter.
- Many options to expand and control the drum to your liking.
- Winter mode is set to 1 hour by default. The drum filter rinses automatically 1x per hour. A dry cloth and dried-on algae are therefore a thing of the past.
- Siemens logo8 is equipped with a unique flushing channel function that can be adjusted entirely to your own wishes.
Green button functions on the electronics box:
Press once: Filter starts rinsing.
2 times in a row: rinse filter and gutter
4 times in a row: Filter goes into emergency mode. Rinse every so often. If float is defective.
Press and hold for 3 seconds: Coil counter reset.
Press and hold for 8 seconds: SMS module gives (test) alarm. (If present)
When pressed: Total number of flushes visible on screen.
Flush time: How many seconds filter flushes.
Dry run: After how many seconds the pond pump is switched off. The filter also gives an SMS alarm.
Anti-cycling: After how many minutes the filter starts up again after a dry run.
Gutter flushing: Flush the gutter every X number of flushes.
Emergency run: Rinse filter every X minutes. Float is then out of order.
Winter mode: 1 x per hour an automatic rinse to prevent the cloth from drying out.
Idle Mode: Display shows number of flushes. (day counter)
During flushing: Display shows flushing time.
During failure: Display flashes red/white. Displays anti-cycling time and number of startups.
While pressed: button Display shows total number of flushes.
During emergency run: Screen turns red and shows emergency run time.