MPF MPF Biodrum Rotator 50
The biodrum rotator 50:
The MPF BiodrumRotator is our top model among the Biodrum filters! This model is a major upgrade over a standard Biodrum. The moving bed has been replaced by a Rotating Biological Contactor (RBC). The RBC is filled with Helix as bio-media. This can also be filled with other bio-media material if desired.
The RBC is a rotating trickle / drip filter concept that requires no feed height from the pump! The RBC is 40% under water, and 60% above water for maximum oxygen saturation. The big secret of this design is that the water can contain up to 4% oxygen and the air arround it up to 20%. This gives the pond bacteria the best conditions to perform their work efficiently.
The rotating movement of the RBC ensures that a trickle / drip filter is created without a feed height. The industrial motor of 250nM of 60 watts turns the RBC.
Ammonia and nitrite removal:
Scientific studies in fish farming have shown that an RBC guarantees a very high ammonia and nitrite removal, 50% better than trickle filters and many times better than moving bed / mat filters!
- Better biological filltering effect
- No more Feed height compared to a trickle filter
- 2x as efficient as a moving bed
- Faster start-up than a moving bed
- No drop in temperature in winter compared to trickle filters
- No noise
- More stable bacterial culture, even with use of medication and changing water values
- No need for an air pump anymore
- Water is of better quality
- You can feed more