MPF Makoi PondFiltration Biodrum Rotator 80
The Ma-koi Biodrum Rotator 80
The design has an integrated Drum filter with a 70 micron screen cloth, an additional 85 liter biological chamber and an RBC 180 liter (Rotating Biological Contactor) filled with Helix as Biology.
The RBC is a rotating trickle filter / drip filter concept that requires no head from the pump! The RBC is approximately 40% underwater, and therefore 60% above water for maximum oxygen saturation.
The Rotating movement of the RBC ensures that a trickle / drop filter is created without a head. The industrial motor of 250nM of 60 watts turns the RBC.
Ammonia and nitrite removal:
Various studies at home and abroad have shown that an RBC guarantees a very high ammonia and nitrite removal, even better than Trickle filters and many times better than moving bed filters!
This RBC has a capacity to carry 180 liters of biological material. As standard, this RBC is provided with Helix with a biological surface of 720m2 / m3 (if desired, it can also be filled with, for example, Siporax, helix 11, etc.).
- The Makoi BioDrum Rotator 80 has a capacity to pump 50m3 per hour, and is suitable for koi ponds up to 80m3
- The drain consists of a sloping gutter with 110mm connection.
- The internal high pressure pump to rinse the filter cloth is a 5 bar 5 m3 per hour high pressure pump.
- Filter comes standard with lid.
- Incl. control to make the Drum rinse automatically!
The specifications regarding the inlets and outlets are negotiable at an additional cost.
- Special UV connections
- Maximum flow: 50m3 per hour with maximum water level.
- 355mm above water level in gravity setup.
The filter comes standard with a 2-year warranty (excluding filter cloth)
You can equip this filter with a Siemens Logo 8 control. Compared to the standard MPF control, the Siemens Logo has a number of advantages, such as:
- The pond pump stops when the water level is too low and switches on again when the water level in the pond is raised again.
- Siemens Logo8 takes care of the automatic flushes.
- You can read data via the internet.
- You can change rinses if you want to rinse longer or shorter.
- You can read the total number of flushes and flushes per day via the integrated day counter.
- Siemens logo8 gives a signal when the drum has been in the dry run protection.
- Siemens logo8 has a connection for an extra flushing pump (which is adjustable per flush) with which you can flush the gutter.
- Many options to expand and control the drum to your liking.
- Winter mode is set to 1 hour by default. The drum filter rinses automatically 1x per hour. A dry cloth and dried-on algae are therefore a thing of the past.
- Siemens logo8 is equipped with a unique flushing channel function that can be adjusted entirely to your own wishes.
Green button functions on the electronics box:
Press once: Filter starts rinsing.
2 times in a row: rinse filter and gutter
4 times in a row: Filter goes into emergency mode. Rinse every so often. If float is defective.
Press and hold for 3 seconds: Coil counter reset.
Press and hold for 8 seconds: SMS module gives (test) alarm. (If present)
When pressed: Total number of flushes visible on screen.
Flush time: How many seconds filter flushes.
Dry run: After how many seconds the pond pump is switched off. The filter also gives an SMS alarm.
Anti-cycling: After how many minutes the filter starts up again after a dry run.
Gutter flushing: Flush the gutter every X number of flushes.
Emergency run: Rinse filter every X minutes. Float is then out of order.
Winter mode: 1 x per hour an automatic rinse to prevent the cloth from drying out.
Idle Mode: Display shows number of flushes. (day counter)
During flushing: Display shows flushing time.
During failure: Display flashes red/white. Displays anti-cycling time and number of startups.
While pressed: button Display shows total number of flushes.
During emergency run: Screen turns red and shows emergency run time.
- MAX. FLOW M3/HOUR
- INLET (MM)
- OUTLET (MM)
- Advice max. Volume koi pond (m3)
- Advice max. Volume swimmingpond/pool (m3)