MPF Makoi PondFiltration Biodrum Rotator 80
The Ma-koi Biodrum Rotator 80
The design has an integrated Drum filter with a 70 micron screen cloth, an additional 85 liter biological chamber and an RBC 180 liter (Rotating Biological Contactor) filled with Helix as Bio-media.
The RBC is a rotating trickle filter / drip filter concept that requires no feed height from the pump! The RBC is approximately 40% underwater, and therefore 60% above water for maximum oxygen saturation.
The Rotating movement of the RBC ensures that a trickle / drop filter is created without a feed height. The industrial motor of 250nM of 60 watts turns the RBC.
Ammonia and nitrite removal:
Various studies at home and abroad have shown that an RBC guarantees a very high ammonia and nitrite removal, even better than Trickle filters and many times better than moving bed filters!
This RBC has a capacity to carry 180 liters of biological material. As standard, this RBC is provided with Helix with a bio-media surface of 720m2 / m3 (if desired, it can also be filled with, for example, Siporax, helix 11, etc.).
- The Makoi BioDrum Rotator 80 has a capacity to pump 50m3 per hour, and is suitable for koi ponds up to 80m3
- The drain consists of a sloping gutter with 110mm connection.
- The internal high pressure pump to rinse the filter screen is a 5 bar 5 m3 per hour high pressure pump.
- Filter comes standard with lid.
- Incl. control to make the Drum rinse automatically!
The specifications regarding the inlets and outlets are negotiable at an additional cost.
- Special UV connections
- Maximum flow: 50m3 per hour with maximum water level.
- 355mm above water level in gravity setup.
The filter comes standard with a 2-year warranty (excluding filter cloth)
- MAX. FLOW M3/HOUR
- INLET (MM)
- OUTLET (MM)
- Advice max. Volume koi pond (m3)
- Advice max. Volume swimmingpond/pool (m3)